Santa will be visiting St. Mary’s Island – Island Way East and West on Saturday…
From the 3rd to 8th December 2018 The Historic Dockyard Chatham is opening its doors for free by offering a free behind the scenes tour to National Lottery players in their closed season. The Historic Dockyard is one of hundreds participating in the National Lottery-funded visitor attractions across the UK saying “thanks” to people who have raised money for good causes by buying a lottery ticket.
The tours will take place only once a day hosting 25 visitors (spaces are limited) between 3rd to 8th December 2018. On the tour visitors will get to explore behind the scenes of The Ropery. They will also get to see places that are usually off limits to the public; they will be taken to rooms such as the Spinning Rooms whilst learning the history of the Victorian Ropery.
The idea is simple: any visitor who presents a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard can pre-book the date of the tour they wish to attend. Upon arrival they will need to show the tour guide their National Lottery ticket or scratchcard to gain entry to the tour.
The Historic Dockyard Chatham has received over £32m from the Heritage Lottery Fund which has supported a wide range of heritage projects, museum galleries and historic ships over the past twenty years.
The Chief Executive of the Heritage Lottery Fund, Ros Kerslake, said: “December is a wonderful time to experience the UK’s rich, diverse and exciting heritage, which has been transformed by more than £7.8bn National Lottery funding since 1994. This is a small gesture of thanks and a way of giving something back to the people who buy tickets.”
The Terms & Conditions for this initiative are as follows:
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for two people to The Historic Dockyard Chatham.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry (including both National Lottery draw-based games and National Lottery Scratchcards). Proof of a purchase of a National Lottery game can be either a hard copy ticket or a digital ticket.
- The tour must be booked online in advance of your visit.
- Locations on the day may be subject to change due to other activities on site.
- As these locations are behind the scenes and not available to the public, there are steps and stairs with no lift access. This tour is also not suitable for pushchairs.
- The offer is valid from 3rd to 8th December 2018 at the pre-booked date online of the National Lottery Ticket provider.
- The Historic Dockyard Chatham has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the venue reaching capacity, as well as other circumstances outside of its control.
- The Historic Dockyard Chatham is closed to the public for the winter months from 2nd December. Therefore you can only visit the places that the tour takes you to. The Dockyard will re-open fully to the public on the 2nd February 2019.