Santa will be visiting St. Mary’s Island – Island Way East and West on Saturday…
The festival focuses on the heritage of the river and historic river vessels. Activities focus around Sun Pier and alongside Sun Pier House. Many of the activities are free-of-charge or subsidised.
The 2023 activities include:
- Steam Tug Barking offering free ship tours (book on the day)
- Sailing trips on Sailing Barges Edith May and Repertor (book in advance)
- Sailing Barge Blue Mermaid offering free tours and demonstrations (book on the day)
- Red2Red Ribs offering high speed rib tours – Book via Red2Red’s website.
- Free history walks, covering old theatres, great fire of Chatham and river industries – book in advance online
- Live music throughout the day, including sea shanties and folk music – confirmed acts include The Beard Conspiracy, Henty and English, The Ashen Keys, Paul Corcoran, Catherine CJ Jones & Gemma Gaynor and shanty singers Fire & Ice.
- Have-a-go activities for all
- An arts market, local produce and food stalls
- Drop in family friendly art workshops
For all the information and to book click here.