- This event has passed.
The Historic Dockyard joins #ThanksToYou Campaign
December 3 @ 10:00 am - December 8 @ 4:00 pm
From the 3rd to 8th December the Historic Dockyard is opening its doors for free by offering a free behind the scenes tour to National Lottery players in their closed season.
A free behind the scenes tour is being offered to National Lottery players during the week of 3rd-8th December 2018. The Dockyard is one of hundreds participating in the National Lottery-funded visitor attractions across the UK saying “thanks” to people who have raised money for good causes by buying a lottery ticket.
The tours will take place once a day hosting 25 visitors so spaces are limited. On the tour visitors will get to explore behind the scenes of The Ropery. Visitors will have the opportunity to take a look at places that are normally off limits to the public and will be taken to such places such as the Spinning Rooms whilst learning the history of The Victorian Ropery.
The idea is simple; any visitor who presents a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard can pre-book the date of the tour they wish to attend. Upon arrival they will need to show the tour guide their National Lottery ticket or scratchcard to gain entry to the tour.
The Historic Dockyard Chatham has received over £32m from the Heritage Lottery Fund which has supported a wide range of heritage projects, museum galleries and historic ships over the past 20 years.
Chief Executive of the Heritage Lottery Fund, Ros Kerslake, said: “December is a wonderful time to experience the UK’s rich, diverse and exciting heritage, which has been transformed by more than £7.8bn National Lottery funding since 1994.
The Terms & Conditions for this initiative are as follows:
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for two people to The Historic Dockyard Chatham
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry (including both National Lottery draw-based games and national Lottery Scratchcards). Proof of a purchase of a National Lottery game can be either a hard copy ticket or a digital ticket.
- The tour must be booked online in advance of your visit.
- Locations on the day may change due to other activities on site.
- As these locations are behind the scenes and not available to the public there are steps and stairs with no lift access. The tour is not suitable for pushchairs.
- The offer is valid from 3rd to 8th December 2018 at the pre-booked date online of the National Lottery Ticket provider.
- The Historic Dockyard Chatham has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the venue reaching capacity, as well as other circumstances outside of its control.
- The Historic Dockyard Chatham is closed to the public for the winter months from the 2nd December and therefore you can only visit the places that the tour takes you to. The Dockyard will re-open to the public on 2nd February 2019.
The information can be found on the Dockyard’s website.