- This event has passed.
Kent County Show
July 5, 2019 @ 8:00 am - July 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
The Kent County Show takes place this year on Friday 5th, Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th July at the Kent Showground ME14 3JF; an event for the whole family. The show opens every day from 8 am to 6 pm.
The event is a showcase for farming, countryside and rural life. The three day event brings together the very best of Kent with animals, food and fun and above all a sense of what ‘The Garden of England’ has to offer.
This year there will be improved access to various areas and a more hands on show.
Here are just some of the things on offer:
- General entertainment – International Dzhigitovka Show will showcase their world class military and gymnastic skills on horseback / The Kent Spitfire known as ‘Spirit of Kent’ will fly over the showground / Giant Robot Titan will make an appearance on Saturday and Sunday / Free pony rides on Ash and Toby (no charge) / Antiques Village in the John Hendry Pavilion with more than 50 dealers / Vic Ellis’s roving One Man Band and Kentish Morris Dancers
- Agriculture – Cattle, Sheep and Goats / Dairy on site with milking competitions / Farm Machinery / Poultry & Egg Show / Wool Tent / Dog Trust Dog Creche – this is where visitors can leave their dog for up to 2 hours enabling visitors to visit areas of the show that do not allow dogs.
- Retail – over 400 retail stands – something for everyone. Local Craft Marquee / Shop for Something Different / Eden Crafts / Produced in Kent and more
- Vintage Vehicles & Tractor Driving demonstration.
- Cookery Theatre – a variety of chefs cook with the finest Kent produce. Cooking demonstrations take place on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Music from different bands across the three days.
- Flower Show displaying floral arrangements and there will be a flower demonstration stage sponsored by Gullands Solicitors
- Woodland area and woodland crafts
- Beekeeping – find out more and watch live hive demonstrations in the Garden Life marquee.
- Equine competitions, Double Harness Scurry Driving, horse shoeing and more
- Enterprise Zone featuring ten new enterprises all in their first year of trading
- Food Hall where butchers, cheesemakers, bakers and confectioners sell their produce
- Wine & Cheese Tent – sample some award winning wines.
- National Cherry & Soft Fruit Show
- Honey Tent & Kent Beekeeping
For all information take a look at the website.
A shuttle bus service will operate from Maidstone East Station (bus stop O outside County Hall, opposite Maidstone East Station) on each day of the show at 0910, 1010 and 1110. Buses will return from the show (Main Gate Car Park) to Maidstone East Station and Maidstone Town Centre at 1500, 1600, 1700 and 1815. There is a flat fee for all passengers: £4 single, £5 day return. Children under 16 travel free.
If travelling by car then it is advisable to follow the signs rather than sat nav.