- This event has passed.
Free entry to The Historic Dockyard for National Lottery players
November 25, 2019 @ 10:00 am - November 29, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
The National Lottery is celebrating its 25th birthday this year and to mark the occasion, The Historic Dockyard Chatham is taking part in the #ThanksToYou campaign offering free entry to anyone with a National Lottery ticket between the 25th and 29th November.
It’s a way of saying thank you to National Lottery players for their support in the development of the Historic Dockyard site. they will be opening their doors to the Command of the Oceans Galleries for FREE for one week only.
National Lottery players via the National Lottery Heritage Fund have contributed £28 million over the past 25 years towards a number of projects, some of these are:
- Command of the Oceans
- conversion of No. 1 Smithery
- temporary exhibition gallery
- conversion of the Fitted Rigging House into a mixed-use building
The role that the National Lottery has played in shaping the charitable sector throughout the UK has been immense and projects would not have been achieved without it.
How to get your free ticket:
- register your place on arrival at the Dockyard
- take along a National Lottery ticket, Scratchcard or proof of playing online at National Lottery.co.uk
- this is valid for one week only from 25th to 29th Novembe 2019
- Share photos of your day using the hashtag #ThanksToYou
On arrival at The Historic Dockyard:
- Park in the main car park
- Enter the site through the side entrance by the car park; the main entrance is being used for Christmas parties.
- have your registration form ready as well as your Lottery ticket
Note: The main restaurant will be closed but there will be a small variety of refreshments available.
All you have to do now is enjoy your visit! The Historic Dockyard is open from 10 am to 4 pm.