- This event has passed.
Brick History at The Historic Dockyard
July 6 @ 10:00 am - September 16 @ 6:00 pm
Lego arrives at The Historic Dockyard and will remain in situ until 16th September. The exhibition has different themes:
- Arts – from Mozart, to pop art, to a cinema theatre
- Conflict – discover Dinosaur extinction, the death of Nelson and Viking invasions
- Equality – Martin Luther Kings ‘I have a dream’ speech, the Womens Suffragette movement and when Nelson Mandela became president of South Africa
- Exploration – model of Sir Isaac Newton develops theory of gravity and The Big Bang!
- Transport – invention of the wheel, the Moon landings and the birth of the Industrial Revolution
After exploring the exhibition you can go into the interactive zone and get creative and see what you can build; this is suitable for all ages. Soft bricks for little ones and Lego bricks for older children and adults.
You can share your creations online and enter The Dockyard’s competition to win a Lego prize. The dockyard wants to see creations inspired by your visit to the Dockyard. Upload your design to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook – tag them and use the hashtag #brickhistory and you’ll be entered. The favourite creation will be selection to win the prize.