Keeping you Informed
Chatham Maritime Trust keeps estate residents and businesses informed of what’s going on in a variety of ways:
- Chatham Maritime Trust website – the News column is updated regularly to give the latest news on estate works, events, roadworks, meetings etc. Don’t forget to check out the What’s On section for local events.
- St. Mary’s Island Residents’ Association – email or visit www.smira.info keeps SMI residents up-to-date with the latest issues and meetings.
- Chatham Maritime Trust produces The Maritime Messenger newsletter twice a year providing an update on activities across the Estate. Back issues are also available on the CMT website.
- Chatham Maritime Trust produces a brief newsletter every Friday called ‘The Friday Flyer’ which details events and activities for the forthcoming week. If you would like to subscribe to this please email with your email details or you can do this via the Trust’s website.
- If you wish to raise any complaints or report any faults please email them to
Chatham Maritime Trust: 01634 891888, Email: , Twitter: @CMTrust.
Chatham Maritime Estate Security Contractor: 01634 890292.
Please contact the control room which operates 24/7 to report any incidents on the public open spaces on the Chatham Maritime Estate. Please note they do not deal with ‘domestic’ disputes, utility supply failures or utility problems. The police should be called in all instances where criminal activity or injury is involved (RTC’s, assaults etc.)
Carl Davies is the Estate officer providing a visible presence around the Estate. His core hours are 7 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday. Tel: 07787 292088
Grant Leathwhite is the Residential Services Officer dealing with covenants and consents, re-mortgages and the main point of contact for St. Mary’s Island residents. Grant’s core hours are 7am to 4pm, Monday to Friday; he can be contacted on 07867 507187 or 01634 793942 during working hours.
River Ward Councillor Habib Tejan 07985 169598 Email: .
River Ward Councillor Piers Thompson: 07869 565285. Email:
Medway Council: 01634 306000
Medway Council Highways Team 01634 333333 (for issues on adopted roads)
Medway Council emergency out of hours service: 01634 304400 (does not include social care services).
St. Mary’s Island Community Centre: 01634 890072, Email: or visit www.smicc.co.uk
Homes England (formerly HCA) Tel: 0300 1234 500
Kent Police emergency: 999, Non-emergency: 101 Crimestoppers: 0800 555111. Anti-Terrorist Hotline: 0800 789321
Countryside Maritime Ltd: 01732 747010. Email:
Redrow: 01634 899850, Email:
Barratts: 01959 568434, Email: