Planning fees payable to Chatham Maritime Trust
Chatham Maritime Trust charges fees for a variety of consents and certificates required under the terms of the St Mary’s Island Rentcharge Deeds.
- Fees are payable with applications for certificates / consents, and are intended to cover the Trust’s costs in the administrative work required.
- Fees should be paid by cheque made out to Chatham Maritime Trust or by card or Bacs
- Fees quoted below are inclusive of VAT; a VAT invoice can be issued if required.
Certificates of Compliance
Certificates of Compliance are issued by the Trust upon any devolution (onward sale, re-mortgaging, and registerable sub-leasing) of a freehold title on St Mary’s Island. Certificates are needed to enable the new ownership / charge / sub-lease to be registered by the Land Registry. For more details see Buying & Selling. New fees come into force effective 5th January 2015 as detailed below.
- Certificates for charges and sub-leases (for which a new Deed of Covenant is not required) - £50.00
- Certificates for onward property sales (where a new Deed of Covenant is required, and including set-up of new resident records and despatch of welcome information) - £90.00
Consent for Alterations etc
Consents may be issued by the Trust for alterations and other changes controlled by restrictive covenants. For further information see Restrictive Covenants
Fees payable (effective 1st December 2015)
- For “major” approvals eg extensions, conservatories, loft conversions - £150.00
- For “minor” approvals eg windows, outbuildings, greenhouses, sheds, pergolas - £50.00
- For "very minor" works eg doors, painting and aerials - £20
- Replacement copies of consents - £15.00
- Copies of sale documents (inc. house site plans) or rentcharge deeds - £30.00
- Copies of house site plans only (showing plot and fence maintenance responsibility) - £15.00
- Works to be carried out by Volker Highways Ltd week commencing 24th July 2017
Published 17 Jul 2017
- River Medway - Possible Pollution of River Medway
Published 4 Jul 2017
- St. Mary's Island Residents Association (SMIRA) Facebook Page
Published 3 Jul 2017
- Closure of Riverside Walk & Play Areas on St. Mary's Island
Published 30 June 2017
- Medway Council Highway Adoption Works - The Fishing Village, St. Mary's Island
Published 19 June 2017
- Conference at the Historic Dockyard, Chatham 30th June to 2nd July 2017
Published 9 June 2017
- Dutch Raid Commemorative Event - Medway in Flames - Saturday 17th June 2017
Published 8 June 2017