Planning fees payable to Chatham Maritime Trust
Chatham Maritime Trust charges fees for a variety of consents and certificates required under the terms of the St Mary’s Island Rentcharge Deeds.
- Fees are payable with applications for certificates / consents, and are intended to cover the Trust’s costs in the administrative work required.
- Fees should be paid by cheque made out to Chatham Maritime Trust or by card or Bacs
- Fees quoted below are inclusive of VAT; a VAT invoice can be issued if required.
Certificates of Compliance
Certificates of Compliance are issued by the Trust upon any devolution (onward sale, re-mortgaging, and registerable sub-leasing) of a freehold title on St Mary’s Island. Certificates are needed to enable the new ownership / charge / sub-lease to be registered by the Land Registry. For more details see Buying & Selling. New fees come into force effective 5th January 2015 as detailed below.
- Certificates for charges and sub-leases (for which a new Deed of Covenant is not required) - £50.00
- Certificates for onward property sales (where a new Deed of Covenant is required, and including set-up of new resident records and despatch of welcome information) - £90.00
Consent for Alterations etc
Consents may be issued by the Trust for alterations and other changes controlled by restrictive covenants. For further information see Restrictive Covenants
Fees payable (effective 1st December 2015)
- For “major” approvals eg extensions, conservatories, loft conversions - £150.00
- For “minor” approvals eg windows, outbuildings, greenhouses, sheds, pergolas - £50.00
- For "very minor" works eg doors, painting and aerials - £20
- Replacement copies of consents - £15.00
- Copies of sale documents (inc. house site plans) or rentcharge deeds - £30.00
- Copies of house site plans only (showing plot and fence maintenance responsibility) - £15.00
- St. Mary's Island Youth Club - Cheerleading Evening & Red Nose Day Donations
Published 21 Mar 2017
- Alterations to mini roundabout on Island Way East (opposite Fishing Village)
Published 17 Mar 2017
- Land Management on the Chatham Maritime Estate
Published 9 Mar 2017
- 2017 Dragon Boat Challenge - Sunday 28th May 2017
Published 1 Mar 2017
- Medway Council Local Plan Consultation extended to 10th April 2017
Published 1 Mar 2017
- 2017-18 St. Mary's Island Annual Rentcharge Invoices
Published 28 Feb 2017
- 2017 Chatham Maritime Food & Drink Festival 27th-29th May 2017
Published 6 Feb 2017