Planning fees payable to Chatham Maritime Trust
Chatham Maritime Trust charges fees for a variety of consents and certificates required under the terms of the St Mary’s Island Rentcharge Deeds.
- Fees are payable with applications for certificates / consents, and are intended to cover the Trust’s costs in the administrative work required.
- Fees should be paid by cheque made out to Chatham Maritime Trust or by card or Bacs
- Fees quoted below are inclusive of VAT; a VAT invoice can be issued if required.
Certificates of Compliance
Certificates of Compliance are issued by the Trust upon any devolution (onward sale, re-mortgaging, and registerable sub-leasing) of a freehold title on St Mary’s Island. Certificates are needed to enable the new ownership / charge / sub-lease to be registered by the Land Registry. For more details see Buying & Selling. New fees come into force effective 5th January 2015 as detailed below.
- Certificates for charges and sub-leases (for which a new Deed of Covenant is not required) - £50.00
- Certificates for onward property sales (where a new Deed of Covenant is required, and including set-up of new resident records and despatch of welcome information) - £90.00
Consent for Alterations etc
Consents may be issued by the Trust for alterations and other changes controlled by restrictive covenants. For further information see Restrictive Covenants
Fees payable (effective 1st December 2015)
- For “major” approvals eg extensions, conservatories, loft conversions - £150.00
- For “minor” approvals eg windows, outbuildings, greenhouses, sheds, pergolas - £50.00
- For "very minor" works eg doors, painting and aerials - £20
- Replacement copies of consents - £15.00
- Copies of sale documents (inc. house site plans) or rentcharge deeds - £30.00
- Copies of house site plans only (showing plot and fence maintenance responsibility) - £15.00
- Bicycle Security Marking - Wednesday 25th October 2017
Published 23 Oct 2017
- St. Mary's Island Residents Association Meeting Dates
Published 20 Oct 2017
- Chatham Maritime Trust Photographic Competition
Published 13 Oct 2017
- Preparation for demolition of Colonial Site
Published 11 Oct 2017
- Saturday 7th October - Bulb Planting on Central West Bund
Published 5 Oct 2017
- Estate Walk - Saturday 9th September
Published 7 Sep 2017
- Centennial commemoration - Sunday 10th September
Published 5 Sep 2017