Medway Council Highway Adoption Works - The Fishing Village, St. Mary's Island
Correspondence has been sent from Volker Highways Ltd on behalf of Medway Council to residents in The Fishing Village - notably Bittern Way, Dunlin Drive, Phalarope Way and Rivermead about forthcoming works. The letter reads as follows:
"This letter is to inform you that Volker Highways Ltd on behalf of Medway Council, via the current adoption of roads paid for by the Developer, intend to undertake repairs to the highway in your local area that may affect users of the highway, including yourself.
We will be undertaking these works between the hours of 08.00 - 17.00 from Thursday 22nd June 2017 with an estimated duration of up to 30 days. Please refer to on-street notice boards for specific dates. Footway access will not be interrupted.
Should you require any advice on the day of works, please ask one of our operatives to refer you to the on-site Supervisor - Simon Hawks who can be contacted on 07824 864368. The address for correspondence ref these works is: Volker Highways Ltd, Arnolde Close, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent ME2 4QW. Their office tel.no. is 01634 719860.
Volker Highways Ltd have issued the following guidance notes:
We strongly recommend that you follow the precautionary measures listed below:
1. Do not walk on the freshly laid material because it may stick to your shoes and be transferred to carpets, wooden floors, paved driveways etc. Please note that Volker Highways Ltd will not be held liable for any damage caused in this way as it is your responsibility to ensure that shoes are clean before entering your property.
2. Avoid driving across the fresh material e.g. to or from your driveway. Not only would this damage the new surface, it may also cause damage to your tyres, paintwork or paved driveway.
3. Observe the traffic control measures that will be in place during the works.
- Bicycle Security Marking - Wednesday 25th October 2017
Published 23 Oct 2017
- St. Mary's Island Residents Association Meeting Dates
Published 20 Oct 2017
- Chatham Maritime Trust Photographic Competition
Published 13 Oct 2017
- Preparation for demolition of Colonial Site
Published 11 Oct 2017
- Saturday 7th October - Bulb Planting on Central West Bund
Published 5 Oct 2017
- Estate Walk - Saturday 9th September
Published 7 Sep 2017
- Centennial commemoration - Sunday 10th September
Published 5 Sep 2017