St. Mary's Island Footpath Works
Volker Highways Ltd, on behalf of Medway Council, will be carrying out footpath works in the following areas to bring the area up to an adoptable standard. Work is due to start from Monday 22nd May and the roads affected are:
The Crescent / Egret Close / Partridge Drive / Redshank Road / Samphire Way and Woodlark Road.
The work will be undertaken during the hours 08.00 - 17.00 and should take approximately 17 days to complete. Refer to on-street notices for specific dates.
Should anyone seek advice on the day of works, please enquire with one of the Council's operatives who will refer you to the on-site Supervisor. Footway access should not be interrupted and the Council will endeavor to keep disruption to a minimum.
The Council will be sending a letter to the residents in the affected areas.
It maybe obvious but please take the following precautionary measures:
- DO NOT walk on the freshly laid material because it may stick to your shoes and then be transferred to carpets, wooden floors, paved driveways etc. Volker Highways Ltd WILL NOT be held liable for any damage caused in this way as it is your responsibility to ensure that shoes are clean before entering your property.
- AVOID driving across fresh material e.g. to or from your driveway. Not only would this damage the new surface, it may also cause damage to your tyres, paintwork or paved driveway.
- OBSERVE the traffic control measures that will be in place during the works.
- Bicycle Security Marking - Wednesday 25th October 2017
Published 23 Oct 2017
- St. Mary's Island Residents Association Meeting Dates
Published 20 Oct 2017
- Chatham Maritime Trust Photographic Competition
Published 13 Oct 2017
- Preparation for demolition of Colonial Site
Published 11 Oct 2017
- Saturday 7th October - Bulb Planting on Central West Bund
Published 5 Oct 2017
- Estate Walk - Saturday 9th September
Published 7 Sep 2017
- Centennial commemoration - Sunday 10th September
Published 5 Sep 2017