St. Mary's Island Footpath Works
Volker Highways Ltd, on behalf of Medway Council, will be carrying out footpath works in the following areas to bring the area up to an adoptable standard. Work is due to start from Monday 22nd May and the roads affected are:
The Crescent / Egret Close / Partridge Drive / Redshank Road / Samphire Way and Woodlark Road.
The work will be undertaken during the hours 08.00 - 17.00 and should take approximately 17 days to complete. Refer to on-street notices for specific dates.
Should anyone seek advice on the day of works, please enquire with one of the Council's operatives who will refer you to the on-site Supervisor. Footway access should not be interrupted and the Council will endeavor to keep disruption to a minimum.
The Council will be sending a letter to the residents in the affected areas.
It maybe obvious but please take the following precautionary measures:
- DO NOT walk on the freshly laid material because it may stick to your shoes and then be transferred to carpets, wooden floors, paved driveways etc. Volker Highways Ltd WILL NOT be held liable for any damage caused in this way as it is your responsibility to ensure that shoes are clean before entering your property.
- AVOID driving across fresh material e.g. to or from your driveway. Not only would this damage the new surface, it may also cause damage to your tyres, paintwork or paved driveway.
- OBSERVE the traffic control measures that will be in place during the works.
- Works to be carried out by Volker Highways Ltd week commencing 24th July 2017
Published 17 Jul 2017
- River Medway - Possible Pollution of River Medway
Published 4 Jul 2017
- St. Mary's Island Residents Association (SMIRA) Facebook Page
Published 3 Jul 2017
- Closure of Riverside Walk & Play Areas on St. Mary's Island
Published 30 June 2017
- Medway Council Highway Adoption Works - The Fishing Village, St. Mary's Island
Published 19 June 2017
- Conference at the Historic Dockyard, Chatham 30th June to 2nd July 2017
Published 9 June 2017
- Dutch Raid Commemorative Event - Medway in Flames - Saturday 17th June 2017
Published 8 June 2017